An Interest-bearing Checking Account — with Lots of Extras
Our Select Checking account provides lots of extra perks and premiums when you maintain higher balances or have your Bank of Albuquerque mortgage auto-debited from your account. The account includes Premier Money Market relationship pricing, discounted rates on personal loans and one (1) automatic ATM fee rebate per statement cycle.
Earn Even More Interest
In addition to earning interest1 on the money in your checking account, with Select Checking, you'll also enjoy special pricing on your Bank of Albuquerque Premier Money Market account2.
Save on Your Loans
As a Select Checking client, you'll enjoy a discount3 on select loans with Bank of Albuquerque. You'll get the convenience of having all your banking in one place, while still saving money on your rates.
Enjoy Plenty of Bonus Features
With your Select Checking account, you can take advantage of extra perks, including free standard checks, one (1) automatic ATM fee rebate4 each statement cycle, complimentary overdraft fee refund5, and free incoming domestic wires.
More about Select Checking
- Money Market relationship pricing
- Free standard checks or 50% off premium styles
- Free statements (online and paper)
- ATM fee rebate (1 per statement cycle)
- Unlimited check writing
- Free incoming domestic wires
- No monthly fee when minimum requirements are met
- Free Visa debit card
- Free online and mobile banking with Bill Pay
- Free access to more than 32,000 ATMs nationwide
- One complimentary overdraft fee refund per calendar year (upon request)
- Overdraft Protection6
- ExpressBank 24-hour telephone automated account information
$15 monthly fee is waived when you maintain one of the following:
- EITHER maintain $10K average combined monthly balances in any combination of the following personal accounts: checking, money markets, savings, CDs, IRAs, installment loans, and lines of credit. Your mortgage balances with us are excluded from the combined balance calculation.
- OR maintain a mortgage from us with auto-debit. Accounts are not automatically linked. Please notify your banker which accounts should be linked.
- $50 opening deposit is required.
- Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day that the Bank receives credit for the deposit of non-cash items, such as checks. Unless stated otherwise, we use the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. The interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) are administered by the Bank and may change daily at the discretion of the Bank, unless stated otherwise. Account fees may reduce earnings. Please ask for a current rate sheet for interest rate information. For additional information, read the Summary of Fees and Definitions and the Agreements and Disclosures.
- Regarding Premier Money Market relationship, the bonus interest rate is not automatically applied and must be requested. If the Select Checking Account is terminated, the bonus interest rate on all eligible savings accounts, and discounts or fee waivers on other products and services will discontinue and revert to the Bank's then current applicable rate or fee.
- Loan discounts do not apply to all types of loans and are applicable for new loans only. Discount applies to the Interest Rate at the time of application. Payment must be automatically debited from a Bank of Albuquerque checking account. Some restrictions apply. All offers subject to credit approval.
- As a Select Checking client, if you are charged an ATM fee by another financial institution, you will automatically be refunded one ATM fee per statement cycle.
- One overdraft fee is refunded per calendar year, at client’s request.
- If you are enrolled in Overdraft Protection, we will automatically transfer any available funds from your linked Bank of Albuquerque savings, money market account or personal line of credit into your checking account at the end of any business day on which your Available Balance is less than zero. Limited to one linked savings, money market account or personal line of credit as a source of funding. Accounts are not automatically linked. Please notify your banker which accounts should be linked. With each transfer, you will be assessed the Overdraft Protection Transfer Fee. The total funds transferred will be sufficient to cover the amount of your negative balance, plus the amount of the transfer fee. To the extent the funds in your designated funding account are insufficient to cover all overdrafts in your Checking Account, an Overdraft Fee or Returned Item Fee may be charged for each overdraft not covered by the transfer, under the terms of the Agreements and Disclosures. If the transfer is not sufficient to cover at least one overdraft item, you will not be charged an Overdraft Protection Transfer Fee. Transfers from your savings or money market may be subject to an excessive withdrawal fee. See Summary of Fees and Definitions for pricing.